You’ll notice a new keyword below called Sunder
This keyword means that if a monster has immunity to a specific damage type, their resistance will be reduced to 95% regardless of what their starting resistance percentage was—breaking their immunity and allowing damage of that type to be dealt to them. Sunder is applied before other resistance reducing modifiers and only affects non-players.
Any abilities granted by a Sundering Charm will also extend to your pets and summons, so keep that in mind as you upgrade your character.
Starting from Ladder Season 2, these new unique charms will only drop from Terrorized monsters of Champion, Unique, Superunique, or Boss difficulty.. There is one tradeoff the comes with the new Unique Grand Charms—while they reduce a monster’s resistance, they also reduce your resistance to the same element, allowing you to receive more damage of that type. During the PTR, Sundering Charms will not drop from monsters and can only be tested through the PTR character templates mentioned later in the blog.
What is your opinion on the new charms?
Check out the updated PTR notes here.
- Monster Magic Immunity is Sundered
- Magic Resist –45% to -65%
- Monster Physical Immunity is Sundered
- Physical Damage Received Increased by 10% to 30%
- Monster Cold Immunity is Sundered
- Cold Resist –70% to -90%
Crack of the Heavens
- Monster Lightning Immunity is Sundered
- Lightning Resist –70% to -90%
- Monster Fire Immunity is Sundered
- Fire Resist –70% to -90%
- Monster Poison Immunity is Sundered
- Poison Resist –70% to -90%
Which charm are you excited for to use?
Other changes to Terror Zones can be found here