Exile is a Diablo 2 Resurrected runeword created by combining vex + ohm + ist + dol into a 4 socket paladin shield. It requires at least level 57 to equip.
Since Exile has an auto-repair mod, the best base item is an Ethereal paladin shield with 45 to all resistances. Exile really is massive tank of a shield. Its Enhanced Defence, possiblity to make in an ethereal base, and Defiance aura, boosts up the defense of the wielder to a godly level.
Exile has a 15% chance to cast a level 5 Life Tap on striking. When the curse is active, 50% of all physical damage is returned as life. The percentage of life leech does not scale with the level of the curse, only the radius and duration is increased.
|Life Tap level|
Exile increases your Block Rate by 30%. An increased block rate will reduce the time it takes for the blocking animation to finish. For the paladin, this is not enough to reach the 3 frame breakpoint.
|faster block rate frames|
- 15% Chance To Cast Level 5 Life Tap On Striking
- Level 13-16 Defiance Aura When Equipped (varies)
- +2 To Offensive Auras (Paladin Only)
- +30% Faster Block Rate
- Freezes Target
- +220-260% Enhanced Defense (varies)
- Replenish Life +7
- +5% To Maximum Cold Resist
- +5% To Maximum Fire Resist
- 25% Better Chance Of Getting Magic Items
- Repairs 1 Durability every 4 seconds
- socketed (4)